Saturday, January 29, 2011

It's not "Near Death." It's "Near Life"

I've been thinking.......................
And I've been thinking that some of the turbulence that I've experienced over the last few months has really made me recognize how near the death of my "ME" was. And as I began to think in that direction, I focused on the negative within my situation. (Not regretting the thought process, because I had to go there in order to get here.)

Where is here?
My figuring out of where here is, happened today at the gym. I was mid workout on the elliptical and I had the ipod going, but was really lost more in thought than in the music. Title of song: "Near Life Experience"
I glanced at the title and without listening to the song that I'm not that familiar with began to think. I began to wonder if more than anything what I've experienced is a "Near Life" experience. Maybe I wasn't close to dying at all, maybe that's just where I had to be in order to make a few decisions for myself. Perhaps I was much nearer to life than I've been able to see.


What are those decisions that I write of?

  • I decided that I didn't need a relationship that didn't glorify every part of who God is creating me to be. (I say creating, because it's an endless process) 
  • I've decided that I'm enough, and that what I offer is a lot, so therefore I need a lot in return. 
  • I've decided that I'm strong, because of my weakness. 
  • I've decided that I want to work on my shell a little bit. (I want to be more in shape. Take care of my body better.) 
  • I've decided that I can't live any other way but full throttle. 
  • I've decided that the voice that whispers from way down deep, whispers for a reason, and that by listening to that voice, I'm setting the bar for myself, my very own unborn children, and anyone else in my life that may look to me for inspiration. 

And then I listened to some of the lyrics:

"Well maybe I'm blind, just throwing darts in the dark. 

I didn't get what I want, I got what I need. 

Man it hurts like hell down here on my knees. 

Is this where I end, or is this where we begin?" 
Near Life Experience (Lifehouse) 

This is most definitely where I begin!