Saturday, January 8, 2011

Breakdowns lead to breakthroughs

I'm not very good at falling apart. I'd much rather fake it until I make it, but the last week of my life has taught me the value of letting it go; of throwing my hands up in the air and admitting to myself and to the people around me that some things in this life are very unfortunate, but are filled with valuable things that I have to learn about myself.

Valuable words and actions from the sources of strength that God has blessed me with:

"It's ok." ~D~
Holding me the same way he did when I was little and I fell down. ~S~ 
"EVERYTHING makes you stronger." ~H~
A hug. One of those "I know what your heart is feeling" hugs. ~D~
"I'm here." ~D~
"You will be able to use this to help others." ~D~
"You're allowed to fall apart." ~A~
"There will be a moment when it all makes sense." ~K~
"It could happen to any of us. No one is immune." ~K~
"What a gift to know this at your age!"~ D~
"Don't you know how wonderful you have made my life"~ DK~
"If you're lonely, we'll get you another dog, because that will be much better than a man that doesn't know how lucky he is to have you, or one that doesn't respect you. " ~DK~
"Baby girl, I love you" ~S~
"You can't live on yesterday's faith, so there has to be something that brings you to that next level of understanding" ~S~
"You're enough" ~D~
A good mama hug before facing my day. The ones like I used to get before school everyday. ~DK~
"Michelle, I know this is going to sound weird, but you sharing this with me makes me feel better about knowing that I went through what I went trough. You are one of the smartest/driven people that I know, and if this is something that you almost fell into, then I just feel better about the fact that I myself was in a similar position"~A~
"Give it to God" ~S~DK~D~K~H~A
"And let him keep it......" ~D~ 


As I surround myself with these words that I've written down this week to remind me of how blessed I am, I become overwhelmed by the fact that each of these people are within my life. They are here for me to lean on. God wouldn't have put multiple people on this earth if he expected us to be able to withstand things on our own. He wouldn't have created us with the innate longing to connect with other human beings. 

I thank God for the circumstances, because even though I can't completely fathom the purpose yet, I can already feel and see the growth. 

And by breaking down, I will breakthrough. 

No comments: