Monday, January 10, 2011

It's amazing where shoes can lead you to.

Did some purging with this snow day of mine. Started with my shoes. I really work hard at not keeping things that I'm not using. I don't really like clutter all that much, so I went through some shoes to see what could go.................needless to say I was only able to part with 3 pair.......oh well!

The things that the shoes led me to, that's the important part. I spied an old tin box that someone had given me perfume in that I have kept the contents of some of my high school memories concealed in for close to 5 years now. I've opened it since high school, but I've always attached some sort of pain with the lid popping off and was usually never able to read all of the things inside. 

Today was different. Today I could read through it with a greater understanding of myself. Today I looked through all of these things with a knowing that everything that happened within that timeline happened to bring me to where I am today. I laughed at myself. I laughed at others. I smiled remembering the place that my spirit was at that time in my life. I smiled because it happened, and because it was over. I smiled because I enjoyed being 15-16-17-18. I was bright eyed, and for the most part I'm still bright eyed. 

Things happen. And when those things happen we have to learn from them. Take what's good, purge what's bad, and learn from it. Learn from ourselves. 

Today my shoes led to the relazation that I have forgiven, and because of that forgiveness, I have welcomed healing into my heart like never before. 

No comments: