Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Yes. It's true. I'm not a door locker.



Why this surprises some people I don't really know. I've never been that much of a door locker. I attribute it to that fact that I grew up with my father checking the lock at least 6 times, which I now know is a little OCD, but I just don't see all the need in it.

If someone wants in, they're coming in. That lock is not going to be preventing that much. I know that there are people in the world that do horrible things, but I guess I just don't think about it that much.

I'll try to be more "grown-up" about it, but I honestly think that many of our fears are self created ones.

My car does not have automatic locks and I never lock it. WHY? Well because if someone wants what's inside they're just going to break my window to get it. IDK........maybe I'm crazy, but it just makes sense to me. I imagine when I have a car with the great clicker I will then lock the doors, just because it's more convenient.

Maybe this is significant of some aspects of my life, I don't really know and my brain is not in the mode to evaluate it right now. All I know is that locking doors is way overrated.

No comments: