Saturday, June 26, 2010

My Nana is Remarrying Tomorrow.

Well, most of the family has almost made it into town and I'm just sitting here thinking about what's going to take place tomorrow. Truth be known, I'm a little nervous. I don't really know why, just not sure of the emotions that will come tomorrow and therefore I'm a little anxious about it all.I'm very happy for my grandmother. Her whole life has been about her children and her husband and she deserves to make this decision absolutely for herself. She doesn't want to be alone and there is a man that she loves and he loves her, and they should be married if that's what they want.I'm happy for her. My whole family does not share in that excitement and it is causing some tension, but my prayer is that they come to understand it and love it for what it is.I understand it. I can see the sheer joy that comes across her when he calls, or when she's telling me about him, and that's just enough for me. For four years she had lost her identity and she was no longer the Nana that I had grown up with. She hurt, constantly, and it was most certainly a part of the grieving process of losing the love of her life, but over the last few months I have watched as she has been able to breathe again. She's enjoying life again. Days are good now, and though she will always love and miss my grandfather, he is not here right now, and there is another to be loved and to love her. I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that this is the way that my beautiful grandfather would want it to be, and I hope that I can feel his presence there tomorrow as I often have, and maybe the ones in my family that aren't on the same page will feel it wherever they are and be able to let go of the pain of the loss and just show love to the ones we have right here in flesh with us.

No comments: