Saturday, June 12, 2010

On My Own

I've lived on my own for the past year, but I've had a roommate for most of that time. What have I discovered? I've discovered that I like my family so much more now that I don't live under the same roof with them. I've discovered that my parents have always been my friends. I recently learned through something that my little brother wrote that I am the person that he most aspires to be like. Who knew? I thought we passionately disagreed on everything in the world. It caused a shift in our relationship, for sure. I guess what I'm trying to say here is that when you're not living under the same roof with these people, they become so much, well, cooler. :) I've left out my older brother, we're still best friends.

I guess more than anything what moving out of my house has taught me is how incredibly blessed I truly am. I feel that blessing way more now because there is no "I need to stretch my legs" tension like there was before.

In a few short weeks I'll be moving into a house. Just me. And I'm very excited. I'm excited because it was my financial decision, and because in just a few short months I will know just how capable I am of making things work for myself. Stability is important to me. Financial stability along with many other stabilities. Knowing that I can have that stability on my own, that's key.

SO, Yes. I graduated from college, but I'm not getting married and starting a family, I'm on my own. And I'm just enough for right now. Yes I want to be married and have children someday, but that's not in my cards right now, and I'll wait. While I wait, I'll grow, I'll learn and most of all I'll have fun. I'll live life. I'll pay attention to the people in it. I'll listen and share. I'll dream, read, write, teach, speak, and love hard.


That's pretty exciting if you ask me!

No comments: