Tuesday, June 29, 2010

"Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always preserves."


Last night as I prepared to try to go to sleep I read for a little while like I normally do and the day had not been entirely stressful or any of that, but I had received several phone calls and texts from several people in my life that are going through some things. While none of these problems are mine,(though I have a wealth of my own) I believe strongly in the verse of scripture in Galatians 6:2 that says, “Bear one another’s burdens, and thereby fulfill the law of Christ.”

As I began to pray about some of the things that these people are facing, asking God to give them peace, I was reminded of just how perfect love can be. Not only did God send his perfect example of love, he also gave us this scripture to guide our understanding of what it is. Some of my loved ones are facing difficult times finding jobs, with relationships, with self fulfillment. With LOVE, and I am in no way excluded from any of these, and as I allowed the Holy Spirit it began to reveal to me that the answer is still LOVE and the definition of it.


It's patient


kind


protecting


trusting


hopeful


preserving



and it never, ever fails.

 So in that moment I prayed that that love embrace them the same way that I have felt it embrace me so many times before.

 

No comments: