Sunday, June 20, 2010

When I think about my daddy

When I think about my daddy...........
I think about being 6 years old and him standing beside me harmonizing with me singing "Oh How I Love Jesus."
I think about him leaving the training wheels on my bicycle because I insisted, even though he says that they were broken and so they were not even really touching the ground anymore.
I think about the time that I was about 9 or 10 and I stepped on some glass because I never wore shoes and he got it out with me screaming like I was dying.
I think about the tears that I saw in his eyes after my first marching band performance.
I think about the way he looked at me just a few months ago and told me how very proud of me he is.
I think about leading praise and worship twice a week with him. (Music is our special language)
BUT MOST OF ALL
I think about the love that he has sown into me over the years and I am overwhelmed with the greatest sense of just how absolutely blessed I am to have him in my life.

No comments: