Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Promised Moments


Truth is, there's no such thing. We're not even promised the next breath. We have no control over it. Today is what there is. This very breath is what there is and if you look at life through the eyes of "what there is" you will soon know that everything is precious. 

While there has to be some thought process about what tomorrow brings, and we in some cases have to make certain preparations, being ok with the moment that we're living in is one of the biggest favors that we could ever do for ourselves; excepting what's in our life for exactly what it is.  Just think of all the worrying that we would prevent.

 There is an art to allowing life to flow. Some never figure it out, and I can't say that I have 100% of it down, but I can tell you that I appreciate right now. I appreciate who I am. I love the people within my life and I acknowledge the fact that I don't have it all figured out. I'm ok with it. I'm not perfect. I'm not even close, but I'm not afraid to think for right now and not be so wrapped up in tomorrow that I can't live for today. 

No comments: