Friday, July 16, 2010

"Just how close can I get, Lord, to my surrender without losing all control"

(Somewhere between my heart and my hands
Somewhere between my faith and my plans
Somewhere between the safety of the boat and the crashing waves

Somewhere between a whisper and a roar
Somewhere between the altar and the door
Somewhere between contented peace and always wanting more
Somewhere in the middle You'll find me)



I don't want to be in the middle. Spiritually I can't afford to be in the middle. 

The peace of this love has followed me all of the days of my life and while I've sometimes tried to forget that, or put it on the back burner, it's most important. 

For me it's not a religion and it's far more than just a belief system. For me it's a relationship with the deity that formed me with His hands and breathed life into my body. It's about feeling him in everything that's around me, and being caught in the middle is not where I want to be. Being caught in the middle holds me back. 

I have deep water faith, but I've been sitting in the shallow end. I have gifts that I'm not using, Things that I'm withholding. It boils down to fear. It always does for me, but I'm tired of allowing this fear of rejection to hold me back from what I'm capable of.  

Which brings me to these beautiful lyrics written by an Atlanta native, Mark Hall. 
"Just how close can I get, Lord, to my surrender without losing all control"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.