Tuesday, September 1, 2009

How do you hear from God?


I sat out on my balcony for a few moments this afternoon just trying to unwind from my day, had a nice glass of sweet tea and decided to not think about school during that time..................

It was another one of those "quiet moments" I left everything inside, intentionally and it was just me, the chair, and God.

I talked a few minutes. I thanked God for my blessings, I asked for a few things, but mostly, I just sat there surrounded by the peace that I knew would be interrupted at any moment.....................

Before I knew it I was very deep into thinking about my grandmother that is battling breast cancer and once again, throwing out the why........

At the very moment that I began to cry, I was reminded of a few days before, Sunday, when I had sat out there as a storm blew in. I knew that this was significant and I knew what God was doing.

I was being reminded that the storm blows in, and blows out. It may leave some things changed, it may leave some things the same, but the point is, it never lasts forever. I also felt significance in the fact that I knew that a few hundred miles down the road, it was not even raining, the sun was probably shining.

This is my life right now........In this one area, it's storming, but in the other areas the sun is shining, so I have nothing to complain about. I can't sulk in it and I can't place blame. I have to take it for what it is, and that is, a storm, blowing in and then back out.

I am blessed and I am loved. And I feel that love with every breath that I breathe................It is relationship. My creator is my best friend and there are some that say, "How do you hear from God" and I say "How do you not hear from God?" We're surrounded by it.

I have to open my heart because my ears are not sufficient for this one.

:)

No comments: