Monday, August 31, 2009

HAVE TO GET THIS ONE OUT THERE!


Good gosh! I sat down to try to get started on some things for school and I can't even think for being so excited about my day!

I got the call at about 6:30 this morning, from Mrs.Stanley, that her kids were sick and that she needed to take them to the doctor.......she ran through a few quick things about what needed to happen and then I, of course assured her that everything would be fine.........at that moment I was like, WHAT THE HECK AM I GOING TO DO WITH THESE KIDS? I talked myself through it and decided that I could do it, so I did.........I remembered what my mama tells me. She says "Michelle you were created and designed to do it, so just do it."

SO, I just did it. I knew that the kids needed to read "Henry and Mudge" so we had a really good time reading the story and then we incorporated what they had been learning in Math and created a huge venn diagram to compare and contrast characters! I loved hearing some of the things that they picked out......"Henry has 2 legs and Mudge has 4" "Henry sets up camp but Mudge chewed on a log"

I decided to turn the "boring Vocab routine" into a rhythm exercise........needless to say a couple of the words and definitions were less rhythmic than others, but hey, that's OK. THE KIDS LOVED IT!

The moment of me truly being fed today was when I saw one little boy that is usually very uninterested in what's going on, actually raise his hand and submit a thought, a great though and then smiled so big at me when I gratified his submission. :) I LIVE FOR THOSE MOMENTS when a child is truly happy with themselves, the moment that they believe in themselves, just as much as I beleive in them. :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

You know, some have told me, "Michelle teaching will take a lot out of you" and I'll have to say that it does, but I have to be completely honest and say as well, that I still beleive that if your heart is truly there, and that connection is made with those students, it puts just as much back into you, as it takes out!!!!!!!!!

At least this is my experience. :)

No comments: