Monday, September 7, 2009

"The Potter Knows the Clay"




Today was a wonderful day. Nothing particularly extravagant about it, just got to spend some quality time with the people that I love.

Since I've moved from home I've made it a strict point to visit with my parents on a weekly basis. We talk, laugh, and just love on each other for a little while. I have to make sure they know how much I'll always love them and keep reinforcing the fact that I never moved out to move away, just to have some ownership of some things and I think they're beginning to understand. I think our relationship has become stronger now, than it was when I lived at home.........it's because there is no longer a power struggle. I can handle it, and now they know that.

I needed to fly, and I have, but I also never forget that they're there, that they love me, and that they are growing, just like me.

We visited with my grandma for a while this afternoon and I think it lifted her spirits just knowing we were there. We talked politics for a while.......of course she stated her opinion, and I stated mine, and before I left she asked me if I would be participating in some type of free radical convention that I had never even heard of. LOL. all because I think people are freaking about president Obama's speech to the nations youth, with no just cause. Had nothing to do with my political views. I assured her that I wouldn't be attending any type of free radical convention and she was relieved :)

I love my family with all of my heart. The connection can never be broken. Death can't break it. Sickness can't break it. Miles can't break it.Differences of opinions can't break it. Nothing can break it.

We are tied by not only the blood that runs through our veins, but by the blood that was shed for us by the perfect sacrifice.

I had a meeting with Jesus last night. I felt Christ wrapping his love around me, the same way that he did when I was eight years old and prayed the sinners prayer. I don't know what it was about that moment,maybe that it was just me and him, but it assured me that everything that's anything, is because of him. It assured me that his love for me is real, it's relevant, and that it will continue to see me through every moment of my life. I've realized that I can't run from my heritage and I can't hide behind anyone, but my creator. I'm in love. I'm in love with the person that formed me with his hands and "The potter Knows The Clay"

he knows how much pressure I can take
He knows how many times to spin me around the wheel
He's planned a beautiful design, but it'll take some fire and time
because the potter knows the clay.

(A wonderful mentor and inspiration of mine wrote an amazing song "The potter knows the Clay" and I can't help but feel that it's message is for me and in the moments that I have no idea what is going on, I remember the message of this song and I can continue on knowing that God knows what he's doing")


I am blessed!

No comments: