Sunday, December 12, 2010

My Burning Bush

See, Moses was at a point of desperation when this bush lit up and he heard God's voice calling him to lead the children out of Israel....

I've been at a point of desperation. Doors have closed, slammed shut in my face. It feels like God has said no, way more than he's said yes, lately. It's been hard. I'm human. I'm strong, but I'm human, and a girl can only handle so many times of feeling like she almost made it through the doorway, just to have her nose almost broken by the slamming of that door in her face.

Dissection of powerful lyrics:


(Maybe a reason why all the doors are closed Is
So you can open one that leads you to the perfect road)

Maybe. Maybe God knows way better what I need, than I do. Yea. He does. Maybe I should let it flow. Stop being so bratty every time that he says "not right now." 



(Like a lightning bolt, your heart will blow

And when it's time, you'll know)

I know that when it's all lining up exactly right, that I'll be the first to know. I know that when it's perfectly perfect, that a lot of things that seem to matter right this moment, won't mean a thing then. 
(Just own the night

Like the Fourth of July)

This piece of the lyric was at the end of the verse and I think means something different than where I'm taking it, but this is my blog, so it's my interpretation that counts. 
If I don't own this place I'm in right this minute, if I don't shine like the fourth of July right here, then the person that is destined to fall in love with me, may not ever find the light he's looking for. 



(You just gotta ignite the light

And let it shine)

I can tell you now that the light within me shines. No need to hide it. No need to pretend like I'm not intelligent and beautiful. I can testify to the fact that thoughts have ran through my mind lately that look something like this: 
Maybe if I'd just be a little more quiet about the fact that I want a man that knows how to talk to me.....
Maybe it's not going to be a perfect fit. Maybe it's going to be something that grows on me. 
Maybe?
Maybe if I'd take a more submissive role? 


Yeah. I've had all those thoughts, and I'm very glad that they are just thoughts and that I have NO need to act upon them. 


I'll be a firework. 


Had moses been afraid of his capacity to be a firework, the children would have never made it out of Israel, at least not under his direction. 


I'm not Moses, but I'm Michelle, and if I give in to those thoughts and ignore this burning bush, I may miss what there is for me. 

No comments: