Sunday, December 5, 2010

Confessions of a 22(almost 23) year old lady.

I go to church. Why do I go to church? With intent of worshiping the one who created me, not that I don't do it throughout the week, just that I enjoy corporate worship.

What am I thinking this morning as I take a seat and begin to greet some of the people around me?

"Who is that fine boy on that stage with that guitar? Is he kin to me? I know that some of these guys are my daddy's cousins.Could this be one of them's son? IDK? He doesn't really look like any of them. I feel like I would have seen him before if he were part of the family? GOD, I hope he's not in the family." 

Finally, I just ask my daddy. Who is he? "He is a guy that just started playing with them. He's extremely talented for 21. Wait till he picks up that acoustic!"So he's not kin to us? Right? "No" 

(My thoughts)
"Thank God we're not related! I wonder what his name is. I bet it's something wonderful like Steven, or Zach. Lord, I don't know, but he is some kind of fine. (As he begins to sing) Well heart, I'm going to need you to stay inside of my chest if you don't mind. OMG this boy is AMAZING! Mmmmmm I bet he's a wonderful kisser........OMG what is wrong with me? I'm at church. I should be thinking about other things right now. Not about how fine the boy that's singing about Jesus is, but about Jesus, but damn he is AMAZING. I wonder if he has a girlfriend? Surly she'd be near..........I don't see anyone that fits the criteria.......hmmmmmmm. He's young, maybe he's not in anything serious right now? I need to make sure and catch the name so that I can facebook stalk.............................................."

Just then the light hits his finger just right and I notice that there is a ring on his hand.....yep. Left one. 

(My thoughts) 
"Well, maybe it's his class ring and he just doesn't know that he should wear it on the other hand.......Yeah. I'll go with that. I could totally go for a guy with a guitar. And that voice is not bad at all. The harmony that we could create would be nothing short of wonderful. WHAT THE HELL AM I THINKING? Michelle, you have got to get a hold of yourself"

Just about that time my thoughts were interrupted by my father saying, "Don't worry baby, I already checked and he's married. I know. I almost cried, too." 



First of all I have got to work on controlling my thoughts and second of all I've got to keep my father, of all people, from reading them. 


FYI: I never went through a boy crazy age in high school.....so maybe my time is now.

No comments: