Thursday, December 9, 2010

At a Red Light

I'm sitting at a red light, because it's red, and I often become distracted while sitting there.(It's the ADD)
Anyway, I'm sitting at the red light and I begin to scan through the radio stations to see if I can find something that I like a little bit better. Ahhh. Brad Paisley.....such a nice drink of water. I become lost in my thoughts for just a moment................Light turns green. Yes. I register it, but there is a little old lady getting on across the road with her dog. The person in the car behind me obviously has no inclination of the fact that they are not the only human in the world. Nor do they realize that wherever they are going will more than likely be there long enough for me to wait for this lady to get across the street with her dog.

The whole world is in a hurry, and especially at this time of the year. People are everywhere trying to figure out how they can outdo the Christmas before. Paying little attention to the fact the things that truly matter, don't have a price tag at all. I love Christmas. I love what my parents made Christmas about for me and my brothers. I love that we often went on trips during this time of the year and spent real time with each other. I love that the true joy of it all was very present in my household, and that we knew year round, but especially at Christmas, that there were other people existing in the world and that we weren't the only ones. I'm proud of the fact that the joy of this season that I celebrate lives within me, and that I'm blessed enough to know that slowing down can open my eyes to all that is good.

1 comment:

Constantly Amazed... said...

this part made me laugh, "Nor do they realize that wherever they are going will more than likely be there long enough for me to wait for this lady to get across the street with her dog."oh that is great and so true!! Love you!!