Monday, March 1, 2010

Reaffirming Days

Some days are just so amazing that it's hard to feel anything but pure delight.

As I was leaving school today, turning off the lights, locking the door I reflected on what had occurred in that room throughout the day. I thought about the connections that had been made, the creativity that I had seen flourish, the love that had been shown, and all of the wonderful things that had happened. Of course there had been what I like to call "momentary mayhem," but for the most part, we all learned today, we were engaged and we were excited.

Today I have the greatest feeling of belonging. I belong to a profession. I belong to a love. I belong in a classroom.

I'm a teacher. I'm an advocate, and I know how to do whatever it takes to get my students what they need. I know how my growth and commitment to being a life long learner directly impacts how I teach them and how well I teach them.

I love being a teacher, and I thank God everyday that I get to wake up and belong.

No comments: