Tuesday, March 23, 2010

What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us. ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

I can remember being in the eleventh grade and my English teacher reading me this quote for the first time. I remember how intrigued by the discovery or realization that the past as well as the future were no match for what was existing within me at that very moment. I heard someone say something tonight that made me stop and think just as hard as this quote made me think 6 years ago. She said, "If you believe in what you're speaking and standing for, so will others. Your sheer conviction will play the biggest roll in you convincing them that you know what you’re talking about, no matter how young you are"

I think this is profound. I think it's real. And I think I love it. :)

1 comment:

pass said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.