Saturday, March 6, 2010

When Feeling Successful and Being Successful Meet

The week of March 1st was an amazing week for me. I taught all week long, which was not much different from the previous week, but something inside of me was definitely more aligned. I taught with all of my heart. I poured myself into what I was teaching and I allowed my students to DO in order to gain understanding~exactly what learning is meant to be. I focused on bringing out the authors in them in order to teach them "Author's purpose" They made commercials. They did research. They asked questions. They explored. They learned, and they proved that yesterday when they were tested. They did amazing! When the day was over and I thought about what had happened in that classroom all week long, I was extremely proud of my students and myself.

The greatest feeling of "I was created to do this" has emerged over the last few months and I can't imagine my life any different than the way that it is. I am so in love with what I do on a daily basis. I'm in love with the aspect of figuring it out, in love with the challenges, in love with the reciprocal relationship.

My flame is burning brightly for my students in hopes that they will be fully ignited, and seeing that ignition take place refuels me. Watching them learn and their eyes light up when they realize that they can do it, that they understand it, that's all the fuel I need. It's that simple.

My students are truly my fuel to do what I do, and the beauty of that relationship is one of the most powerful things that I have ever known.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.