Tuesday, February 16, 2010

I've spent many days in prayer, very particular prayer, for my future Job situation. I've prayed for God to release me from Milledgeville and to allow me to enlarge my territory and move into another area. I've shifted my mind back and forth in many different directions, because my soul goal is to be used by him, and with that soul goal in mind I've asked myself if this area is the area that I am meant to reach. I've begged God to let me go, to let me leave, but he won't. I'll admit that for a few days it has upset me, because the odds are not that great if I only apply in a small area, but God won't let me go. My children's ministry and all of the other ministries that I'm involved in right here, are not done yet, they're not at a transition point either. I don't know that this will always be it, but I do know that for now I am exactly where God wants me and that he is going to provide accordingly.

As I listened to a friend tell a story of a child that she knew that had been taken from her mother because she had been using her to traffic drugs, God confirmed in my soul that for this moment my mission field is right here. Right here.......right outside of my door. Within my reach there are people that need someone to be there for them. There are children that need a teacher that loves them and that will tell them everyday how capable they are of achieving their goals, even when everything else around them is telling them that they are noting more than mediocre. There are mothers with husbands that abuse them and their children that need a friend to lean on, someone to tell them that they are worth more. There are broken, thirsty people right outside of my door.

This small town settles for mediocrity. We've settled for just getting by, and I want to change that. I want to inspire children, and any one else in my life, to reach high, to dig deep and to not settle. I want them to always,constantly push for more and to never be happy with someone else' answer, but to seek out their own, because that is where true discovery occurs.

I know in my soul that I am being used here and I am so excited about the things that are to come.


"Take my life, and let it be consecrated, Lord, to Thee.
Take my moments and my days; let them flow in ceaseless praise.
Take my hands, and let them move at the impulse of Thy love.
Take my feet, and let them be swift and beautiful for Thee."
(Fran­ces R. Ha­ver­gal,)


I have a flame. I know what fuels it. And I'm ready to use it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.