Sunday, February 14, 2010

"Touchdown Moment"

I taught my children's church this morning about unity, or they taught me rather, as usual. We talked about a story in the bible "The tower of Babel." They were very intrigued with the whole thing and I love being their teacher when they get that look of intrigue on their faces.

To make a long story short these children explored this bible story through a skit. The skits always seem to draw more attention than I can, so we do them every week.
When we get to the end I always allow them to retell it to me, because I want to see what they have drawn from it and then I ask questions. The question that I asked today that I loved their answer to was, "Why would God have made all of these people speak these different languages? What was his purpose?" The response overwhelmed me, "Because Ms.Michelle, they were working together and God had to do something, because it's just like when we work together good things always happen"

I didn't tell them that, they told me, and that made the entirety of what I sought to deliver to them that much more personal. They truly posses that childlike faith that the bible talks about and I am so blessed to be given the opportunity to submerse myself in their presence on almost a daily basis.

It was a "touchdown" moment...............I feel the power of these often, and they make anything else that might be brewing in my life seem so insignificant. They make the world stop. They make my heart race, and I can feel the sheer power of God's presence within the room that I'm occupying.

There is just something about learning that takes my breath away.

No comments: