Thursday, November 5, 2009

Peace Transcends


Yesterday my peace was robbed by fear, and while it took me most of the night and a long conversation with my creator to gain a portion of it back, I did.

And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:7

I don't know what I'd do without this love.......I don't know where I'd be. Some call it a crutch, I call it an everlasting relationship with the power that formed me.

My grandmother is sick, but time has always been precious and if she slipped from this moment right now, I can say with all assurance that I have been blessed by the life that she's lived, there is no memory left unmade and no words left unsaid. She's loved me with all of her heart, and it's in a lot of ways shaped the person I am becoming.

And as soon as I realize that I'm not in control, and that it's nothing I've done or will do that will change any of this, that's when my faith takes over in a mighty way, that's when the peace transcends.

No comments: