Friday, October 23, 2009

Beautiful


When I step back and I look at how all the pieces fit, I can't help but think that this painting will turn out something like Vincent van Gogh's "Starry Night."

Beautiful. That's what my painter is. He is beauty. He possesses some of the very qualities that he placed inside of me, and all of his children.

Just as an artist paints and places some of their beauty onto the canvas, and just as a musician hammers out melody, placing some of their beauty into the world, my creator is making me to reflect some of his beauty.

The closer I come to accepting this, the easier it is to love, to breathe, to take in everything around me, and to know that it is with divine purpose that I am who I am.

My entire course of life events has shaped this person, this painting, and the greatest thing is knowing who holds the paint brush. The one that makes no mistakes. The one who mixes all of the colors perfectly and knows exactly what he's doing. He knows where to draw all of the lines. He knows where everything belongs.

While sometimes I feel like he must have dropped the paintbrush, it's in those moments that he is looking at his work. It's in those moments that he's deciding what the next phase will be. And those moments are moments of beauty, too.

It's a tedious process and I'm glad that he's willing to stick with it.
I'm glad that even when I get sidetracked and the paint begins to run, that he knows exactly how to turn my mess into what was supposed to be there anyway.

Family, friends, events, places, good times, bad times, and in between times are all a part of the artwork. They're focal points. They're meant to be there.

I'm only 21 years old and I don't have a lot of insight into what the rest of my life will be like, but I do know that If I allow my maker, this painting is going to be something of exceptional beauty, reflecting everything that he has put into it.

I was reminded of this today, heavily reminded.

I can only imagine what heaven's art gallery looks like :)

For we are God's masterpiece. He has created us anew in Christ Jesus, so that we can do the good things he planned for us long ago.Ephesians 2:10 (NLT)

No comments: