Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Babies


A friend and I began a conversation today about having children, and once again I felt my heart almost explode when I started talking about these possibilities that are in my future.
I don't know what it has been about my 20's, but it seems like I think about it a lot more and want it a lot more. I think about carrying a child and what that is going to be like. I think about the kind of love that I will feel when it happens and I don't suspect that it's anything close to what I've ever felt before.

There is something about the way a baby looks up at its mother that makes everything inside of me know that I want that.
I can't imagine what it will be like to look into the eyes of someone that needs me that much.

These thoughts may be a little premature. I still have a piece to go before I get to that point in my life, but I honestly can't wait. (I can wait, I'm just excited)

All I can do right now is hope for a niece or nephew in the near future. :)

No comments: