Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Dirty Blonde


I woke up this morning as usual and went through all the normal motions. As I came to the portion of my morning that pertained to drying my hair, which by the way, takes a good 45 minutes, I discovered that there was a single strand that appeared off kilter. As I examined it more closely I realized that it appeared to be taking on the color that is sometimes referred to as gray.

I thought for a moment................................
What should I do?
I'm not ready for this.
I am only 22.
And I won't stand for it.

So, without another conscious thought, I pulled it out.

As I examined it, I came to realize (tell myself) that it was just extremely blonde; bleached from the cruise I just went on, but somehow part of me was still in disbelief.........

So, I Googled. (yep, I just used that word as a verb.)

Found this first
http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2009/02/090223131123.htm

While I was pleased to find that significant research had been done, my "I'm getting wiser" theory was busted. (DARN)

Next place
http://www.skinsheen.com/article-how-to-prevent-gray-hair-naturally-235.aspx

And this one just freaked me out. (Oh God, now it's my thyroid or vitamin deficiency, or maybe it's menopause(JK-ing on that last one))

At this point I had to make a rationalization, and I had to make it fast. I decided that the hair that I had removed was simply, bleach blonde. That's all there was to it. No Gray. No thyroid issues. NOTHING.

So, until my own further research is done, I'm still, fully, a dirty blonde.

(Dear lord,
I think life may have been easier before the internet was here for research, before I could see, so easily, all of the things that "might" be wrong with me)

And for anyone that reads this, I am not a hypochondriac.

No comments: