Tuesday, September 6, 2011

I'd Rather Have Jesus

  1. I’d rather have Jesus than silver or gold;
    I’d rather be His than have riches untold;
    I’d rather have Jesus than houses or lands;
    I’d rather be led by His nail-pierced hand
    • Than to be the king of a vast domain
      And be held in sin’s dread sway;
      I’d rather have Jesus than anything
      This world affords today.
  2. I’d rather have Jesus than men’s applause;
    I’d rather be faithful to His dear cause;
    I’d rather have Jesus than worldwide fame;
    I’d rather be true to His holy name
  3. He’s fairer than lilies of rarest bloom;
    He’s sweeter than honey from out the comb;
    He’s all that my hungering spirit needs;
    I’d rather have Jesus and let Him lead


My heart's cry. I feel like I could have written this song.I've come into such a new understanding of just how much Jesus means in my life; how vital to my existence and success my relationship truly is. Yes. It's true that it's the answer that my parents always gave me, but it turns out that it was a pretty good answer. Trust me. I've searched, and time and time again I come back around to the same feeling of needing to fall into his arms and submit my insufficient-ness. There's no other that supplies what I need, and the acknowledging of the fact that I do need, is something that hasn't come easy for me. It's ok to need. It's ok to need other people, and it is most certainly ok to need a relationship with an entity that poured out His life for me. 

I will be true. I am a vessel. God has imparted me with so much ability to administer love. He has put so much love into my life so that I can share it with others. I have a strong family. I have a family that prays in agreement. I have a family that extends beyond blood to include many other willing vessels. We are known for our faith that binds us together in the hardest of circumstances, and it is my renewed opinion that no matter how crazy you think I may be, it's as vital to me as oxygen. 

I’d rather have Jesus than anything
This world affords today.

No comments: