Monday, August 9, 2010

Teaching School

Oh my gosh! I'm beginning the second week and I could honestly not ask for a better place to be working. There are so many resources, and so many encouraging people to learn from. The first few days were organized chaos, but today I could tell that they are really starting to get into the groove of what we do. They are beginning to be more self directed and that is the thing that drove me crazy last week; that I had to tell 20 little people to make every move, but I do understand that that is a part of being four and in a brand new classroom. They have learned where most things belong and are doing a really fabulous job of helping me keep our room in order. I have begun to make some wonderful connections with some of my parents and I am so excited about the community that is being built. I feel so very blessed to be where I am, and to be doing what I am doing. I do miss my second graders, but I am finding many things that I love about 4ness, too. I love to watch them play, and to see the foundation being laid for the learning that is going to occur for the rest of their lives. They are amazing people, with loads to say, and I love to watch and listen.

No comments: