Thursday, December 3, 2009

My favorite Christmas Hymn


O Holy Night! The stars are brightly shining,
It is the night of the dear Saviour's birth.
Long lay the world in sin and error pining.
Till He appeared and the Spirit felt its worth.
A thrill of hope the weary world rejoices,
For yonder breaks a new and glorious morn.
Fall on your knees! Oh, hear the angel voices!
O night divine, the night when Christ was born;
O night, O Holy Night , O night divine!
O night, O Holy Night , O night divine!

Led by the light of faith serenely beaming,
With glowing hearts by His cradle we stand.
O'er the world a star is sweetly gleaming,
Now come the wisemen from out of the Orient land.
The King of kings lay thus lowly manger;
In all our trials born to be our friends.
He knows our need, our weakness is no stranger,
Behold your King! Before him lowly bend!
Behold your King! Before him lowly bend!

Truly He taught us to love one another,
His law is love and His gospel is peace.
Chains he shall break, for the slave is our brother.
And in his name all oppression shall cease.
Sweet hymns of joy in grateful chorus raise we,
With all our hearts we praise His holy name.
Christ is the Lord! Then ever, ever praise we,
His power and glory ever more proclaim!
His power and glory ever more proclaim!



Why?
Because I can feel Jesus when I listen to it.

My favorite line is "Truly He taught us to love one another"
It makes it all so real to me, to think that God created the truest representation of love, wrapped it in human form, and sent it to earth as a baby boy. The birth of Christ was God's gift of true, pure, love, and I beleive was God's way of setting the biggest example he could have ever set. Surely he has taught us to love one another.

Christmas should be a celebration of that love for this world.

I enjoy Christmas. I love the way it makes me feel, but I sometimes fail to realize that this gift is meant to be celebrated all year long, and the best way I can celebrate it, is by loving every person that walks into my life with that same love that Mary birthed into this world.

So why does Christmas make us feel this way? because it represents LOVE in it's purest form.

Just my theory :)

No comments: